RESEARCH ASSISTANT – San Diego, CA
JOIN THE BIOLAURUS TEAM!
Contat us at email@example.com to apply
The candidate would be part of a group who conducts a variety of complex and independent investigations in the planning, development, and implementation of original experimental procedures within the overall scope of the research project in the field of Pre-Clinical Studies.
Requires master’s degree in Biology or a related field (or equivalent research experience of 3 to 5 years), preferably in a biotech/pharma setting. Must possess strong communication and analytical
skills; thorough knowledge of laboratory practices and procedures; and the ability to implement research projects. Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary and travel (locally, primarily) on occasion.
Collect, analyze and report on experimental data; create and maintain accurate and timely records of test results and protocol design; assist in the publication of research findings; perform computer data analysis; instruct and assist laboratory staff; participate in meetings with Principle Investigator to evaluate and interpret the validity of data and evaluate laboratory procedures; monitor lab expenses and assists with budgetary responsibilities; and write protocols of committee approval. Design and execute experimental procedures/protocols that are part of PreClinical Animal studies; perform statistical analysis of data; prepare progress reports and presentations; and design and/or fabricate test fixtures, and specialized equipment as needed.
• Animal research experience. As a minimum, prefer someone with experience conducting in vivo research in rodents.
• Thorough knowledge of In vivo protocol requirements and protocol writing
• Study management experience or experience with study management software
• Bio imaging experience preferred but not required
• Experience with PK/PD studies
• Experienced with various standard computer programs (Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint, at minimum), be open to and proactive with learning more advanced data entry, statistical and scientific programs.